Leaders: Peninsula Field Naturalists
Meet 9:30 am at the yellow gate at the end of Seaway Haulage Road, St. Catharines. Call Bob Highcock at 905-688-1260 or 905-327-5457. Open to all.
By registering, you agree to the following COVID-19 protocols.
OFO Field Trip COVID-19 Conditions
From October onward, we are recommencing our fieldtrips under specific conditions to comply with government regulations and public health recommendations as followed. Note that field trips will not go ahead unless the area is in Stage 3. The OFO Board reserves the right to cancel field trips if deemed unsafe.
Leaders have volunteered to lead trips following the government and OFO COVID-19 protocols. Trip routes have been adjusted to avoid areas where physical distancing is not feasible.
Many thanks to the leaders for volunteering to do this.
#1 Ontario Government rules for Areas in Stage 3 :
1-the tour must be operated to enable every person on the tour, including tour guides, to maintain a physical distance of at least two metres from every other person, except in exceptional circumstances (e.g. health and safety).
2-Max. of 50 persons. (OFO has decided on 10 per fieldtrip.)
3-Indoor rules must be strictly adhered to if participants wish to access food or washroom areas during the day. Masks must be carried by participants for possible use in these situations.
4-The tour leader must record the name and contact info of every patron and maintain the records for a period of at least one month. (This will occur when participants register.)
#2 OFO protocols :
• Field trips will be adjusted as required according to current provincial and municipal government regulations. Field trips may be cancelled if there is a change in the status of an area due to an outbreak.
• Members must register online on the OFO website if they wish to attend any of the field trips offered. Registration will collect contact information required by public health and outline the conditions of participation and OFO protocols. Maximum participants per trip will be 10. Only those registered will be allowed to attend.
• Anyone experiencing any possible symptoms, who has come in contact with someone with COVID-19 or who is being tested for COVID-19 must stay home.
• Carpooling will not be allowed.
• Physical distancing must always be practiced . Note, however, that leaders cannot be expected to "police" participants re-physical distancing. If birders are worried about this aspect, they should take precautions or avoid this trip.
• Sharing of optics, such as telescopes will not be allowed.
• All trip participants must bring a mask to wear inside during washroom and lunch breaks or if physical distancing is difficult. Trip participants should also bring hand sanitizer.
• At the start of a trip, leaders will review the trip conditions: nobody allowed with symptoms or contact with an active COVID-19 case, no sharing of optics, physical distancing, lunch, and washroom procedures.